Best Hotel Swimming Pools
- Nov 16, 2017
- Category: Travel
I’m a water baby. The morning my mom went into labor with me, she swam laps. That’s right, she exercised. So it’s no surprise wherever she travels she makes sure the hotel has a lap pool for her daily morning swim. Every time my mom plans a trip, she Googles: “large lap pools in [insert city name].” From there, she’ll call the hotel, ask about the pool’s length and water temperature, and also check out the pool’s photos online. She says, “Photos can be deceiving. If the photos only show a corner of the pool, then it’s small!” She’ll book whichever hotel has the best looking and sounding pool.
Here are some of my mom’s suggestions for the best hotel swimming pools in and out of the United States. As it turns out a few of them are in California!
Amangani, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- You’ll never want to get out of this 35-meter infinity pool at the Amangani hotel in Jackson Hole. In the midst of one of the most beautiful mountainous sceneries, swim and breathe in the fresh air!
Beverly Hilton, Los Angeles, California
- When you think of the Beverly Hilton, you probably imagine star-studded, red-carpet events and Whitney Houston, but the pool is also something about which to celebrate! The largest heated pool in Beverly Hills, the Aqua Star Pool is an Olympic-style lap pool and the centerpiece for the hotel. Get in your workout and then lounge under a Beverly Hilton pool cabana!
Claremont, Berkley, California
- The Claremont is a historic resort boasting restored rooms and suites, a spa, 4 restaurants, and 3 swimming pools. My mom loved staying here when my sister studied at UC Berkley. Built during the Gold Rush and renovated over the past 100 years as a hotel, you’ll feel like you’re transported back to the 19th century! Hop in the water and enjoy Cali living!
Hyatt Regency La Jolla At Aventine, San Diego, California
- While there isn’t a lack of activities in San Diego, it never hurts to get in a morning workout before heading out to explore! The 25-meter lap pool at the Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine is heated to 82 degrees. When I stayed here with my mom, we swam and then drove the half a mile to Whole Foods for breakfast. I highly recommend that combo!
Jumeriah, London, England
- The 20-meter stainless steel, indoor pool at the Jumeriah Lowndes is the perfect place to reinvigorate before submerging yourself in the hustle and bustle of London. This 5-star hotel is part of the Dubai-based hotel chain and oozes class.
Where will you next swim?!